Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Stay positive

With so many 1s in today's date, it feels like a good day to share this message. I have a lot of things I do to keep myself positive. A lot of them, you've probably seen before, but here they go.

1. Be grateful for what you have. Even if I don't necessarily feel it at the moment, just saying the words "I am grateful" totally changes my day. Sometimes I'm just grateful for my eyes or my breath. Being grateful for the smallest things can send me into a positive spiral.

2. Say a prayer. I pray to the Angels and ascended masters, which include God, Jesus, Buddha, Quan Yin and so many others. I prayed yesterday to help with my interactions with the adorable little one I was watching so that we could communicate better. It worked.

3. Do something luxurious for myself. Luxury can take on so many different forms. Some days, it's a pedicure. Some days it's just enjoying some quiet time on the patio. Other days, it's enjoying a conversation with a friend over coffee or a nice meal. Whatever it is, I know that if I do this occasionally, I feel more positive about everything else.

4. Avoid the drama. I'm not saying that this is a healthy choice all the time, but on the days that I'm feeling less than sunshiney, the worst thing I can do is get involved in someone else's drama.

5. Take a yoga or exercise class. This works. Every time. Period.

6. Play with a kid. I don't mean take a kiddo the playground and watch them play. I mean really play with them. When I'm around kids now, I have a tendency to listen a little more to my inner child. Tickle bugs come out, and my imagination runs wild. It frees me up in a way that not much else can.

7. Play in the sunshine. There are so many studies that show that sun helps people stay happy, and I am certainly no different.

8. Play in the rain. This is a little harder for me, but it does help on those days or weeks when I don't see the sun. I put on a pair of boots or old tennis shoes and head out to splash in the puddles.

Stay positive today loves!

Love,
Emily Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment